2023 BOMA/Chicago Local TOBY Award Applications Due September 21
7/6/2022 - 9/21/2022
TAKE HOME A TOBY IN 2023: TOBY Application Season Open Now through September 21
Since 2010, 19 Chicago buildings have won the International TOBY Award. In June 2022, two BOMA/Chicago buildings brought home an International TOBY Award. Our Chicago buildings are truly the best of the best who continue to win at the International level and we encourage you to apply for the 2023 TOBY! To view all TOBY winners from 2010 to 2022, please visit this webpage.
If you are applying for a 2023 TOBY, your first step is to contact Jaclynne Madden at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let Jaclynne know as soon as possible that your building will be applying so that she can tell you about important and brand-new changes for this TOBY season. You must also have the BOMA 360 designation in order to apply for TOBY and Jaclynne will walk you through these details. Please also read through the 2023 TOBY Application Process and the TOBY Best Practices/FAQ documents.
Is your building our next winner? Will your building take home this prestigious award in 2023?
Call for applications! The 2023 local TOBY award application season is now open. Please review the 2023 Entry Requirements (listed below), which outline the 14 different categories in which you may apply (you can only apply in one of the 14 categories).
Applications must be submitted on the online portal and will be due by 5PM CST on September 21. Please visit our website for all important information regarding the 2023 TOBY season and to download all relevant documents.
To win the International TOBY award, you must first apply and win on the local and regional levels. You are more TOBY-ready than you think! And that is why we encourage you to apply for the local 2023 TOBY. This is your chance to showcase your expertise and excellence in property management.
What are the 2023 TOBY Categories?
The categories you can apply for are:
- Under 100,000 Square Feet
- 100,000 to 249,999 Square Feet
- 250,000 to 499,999 Square Feet
- 500,000 to 1 Million Square Feet
- Over 1 Million Square Feet
- Suburban Office Park (Low-Rise)
- Suburban Office Park (High-Rise)
- Mixed-Use Buildings
- Renovated Buildings
- Corporate Facility
- Historical Buildings
- Medical Office Buildings
- Industrial Buildings
How can I get started and apply for the 2023 TOBY?
LET US KNOW IF YOU ARE APPLYING ASAP
Please email Jaclynne Madden ASAP to confirm the (1) Building you plan to enter for the TOBY Award and (2) Category the building will enter.
Please read through the following documents if you are interested in applying or will apply for a local TOBY award:
- 2023 TOBY Application Process & Guidelines for instructions on applying, using the online portal and all important deadlines.
- TOBY FAQs and Best Practices featuring advice from seasoned TOBY judges and previous winners. This is a must read and full of excellent advice!
- The 2023 TOBY Entry Requirements for the category in which you will apply. Within these entry requirements, you will find all application information including word count, written sections, attachments and the required criteria that your building must meet.
- 2023 Entry Requirements for All Office (Includes: Square Feet Categories, Historical Building, Corporate Facility, Medical Office & Suburban)
- 2023 Earth Entry Requirements
- 2023 Renovated Entry Requirements
- 2023 Mixed Used
- 2023 Industrial Entry Requirements
How can our team prepare for the TOBY inspection and when will inspections be held?
Inspections will be held in-person at your building between October 10 and November 11. You will be assigned your inspection date in early October. Once you begin the application process, we will communicate more detailed information about the inspections.
What are the TOBY fees and how do I officially register my building for the 2023 season?
To enter the local TOBY awards competition, you must first pay the $300 entry fee directly to BOMA/Chicago. To pay this fee (via credit card or invoice), please log into the BOMA/Chicago website and then click here. You must pay the $300 fee to BOMA/Chicago before you submit your application.
How can I learn more about the TOBY program and what is involved?
We encourage you to watch the three below webinars about the TOBY program. In these webinars, you will hear from TOBY judges, applicants and winners. Best practices regarding the written applications and inspections are discussed in these webinars.
- 5.12.2021 TOBY Webinar (What It Takes to Be a TOBY Winner; 2022 Application Season)
- 8.26.2020 TOBY 2021 Season Webinar
- 4.21.20 TOBY Best Practices Webinar
If you have any TOBY questions, please contact Jaclynne Madden by calling 312-870-9608 or via email at email@example.com.
In This Section
Set the stage for your own successful business development strategy as a BOMA/Chicago sponsor. Offering a variety of social and networking events each year, BOMA/Chicago gatherings truly embody one of our greatest strengths: the strong sense of community and collaboration between our Building and Affiliate Members. Learn more by downloading our 2022 BOMA/Chicago Sponsorship Prospectus.