2023 Ollie Scholarship Applications Due February 1
Wednesday, February 1, 2023 (12:00 AM - 5:00 PM) (CST)
The BOMA/Chicago Foundation is accepting applications for the Reginald L. Ollie Inclusion and Outreach Scholarship. The Ollie Scholarship provides the $10,000 full tuition to underrepresented professionals in the commercial real estate industry to achieve the Real Property Administrator (RPA) designation.
Please review the eligibility criteria (listed below) for this scholarship. If you meet these criteria, we invite you to apply! Click here to download the packet containing the application and reference forms (note: forms must be submitted online using links in the packet). All parts of the application are due on February 1, 2023.
- Belong to an underrepresented group; underrepresented professionals are classified as: racial, ethnic, LGBTQ and disabled
- Applicant does NOT have to be a BOMA/Chicago member
- Must be at least 21 years old and have a minimum of two years of experience in the commercial real estate industry
- Applicants must have 24 months of commercial real estate experience by March 2023. The experience must specifically be in commercial real estate (residential and retail experience does not count toward the 24 months of experience).
- Have taken three or less RPA/FMA designation classes prior to applying for the scholarship
- Completion of at least one year of college level courses at a college/university and earned a GPA of 2.5/4.0 or 3.5/5
- Completion of the application, along with submission of all attachments and references, by February 1, 2023
- Available to interview with the Scholarship Committee on the morning of February 15, 2023
If you plan to apply for this scholarship, please email Jaclynne Madden or call (312) 870-9608 so that we can discuss the application process and requirements.
Runner-Up Scholarship: The scholarship runner-up will be given the opportunity to use a Single Course Scholarship for one RPA class offered in 2022.
Recipient Benefits: Along with earning the $10K full RPA designation tuition, the recipient will also be able to enroll in the March 2022 Asset Management course and begin the RPA program immediately. The recipient will also be honored at the 2022 Diversity Celebration and will give a short speech.
Ollie Testimonials: To read a biography of the scholarship's namesake, Reginald L. Ollie, along with testimonials from previous recipients, visit this webpage.
In This Section
Set the stage for your own successful business development strategy as a BOMA/Chicago sponsor. Offering a variety of social and networking events each year, BOMA/Chicago gatherings truly embody one of our greatest strengths: the strong sense of community and collaboration between our Building and Affiliate Members. Learn more by downloading our 2022 BOMA/Chicago Sponsorship Prospectus.