2024 BOMA/Chicago Local TOBY Award Applications
Wednesday, September 20, 2023
TAKE HOME A TOBY IN 2024!
TOBY Applications Due September 20
Since 2010, 20 Chicago buildings have won the International TOBY Award. Just last month, on June 25, One South Wacker brought home the International TOBY Award for the Over 1 Million SF category. Our Chicago buildings are truly the best of the best who continue to win at the International level and we encourage you to apply for the 2024 TOBY! To view all TOBY winners from 2010 to 2022, please visit this webpage.
If you are applying for a 2024 TOBY, your first step is to contact Jaclynne Madden at email@example.com. Please let Jaclynne know as soon as possible that your building will be applying so that she can tell you about important and brand-new changes for this TOBY season. You must also have the BOMA 360 designation in order to apply for TOBY and Jaclynne will walk you through these details. Please also read through the 2024 TOBY Application Process and the TOBY Best Practices/FAQ documents.
Is your building our next winner? Will your building take home this prestigious award in 2024?
Call for applications! The 2024 local TOBY award application season is open through September 20. Please review the 2024 Entry Requirements (listed below), which outline the 17 different categories in which you may apply (you can only apply in one of the 17 categories).
Applications must be submitted on the online portal and will be due by 5PM CST on September 20. To win the International TOBY award, you must first apply and win on the local and regional levels. You are more TOBY-ready than you think! And that is why we encourage you to apply for the local 2023 TOBY. This is your chance to showcase your expertise and excellence in property management.
What are the 2024 TOBY Categories?
The categories you can apply for are:
- Life Sciences Building – NEW!
- Under 100,000 Square Feet
- 100,000 to 249,999 Square Feet
- 250,000 to 499,999 Square Feet
- 500,000 to 1 Million Square Feet
- Over 1 Million Square Feet
- Corporate Facility
- Historical Building
- Medical Building
- Renovated Building
- Retail – Enclosed
- Retail – Open Air
- Suburban Office Park - Mid-Rise
- Suburban Office Park - Low-Rise
How can I get started and apply for the 2023 TOBY?
LET US KNOW IF YOU ARE APPLYING BY AUGUST 18
Please email Jaclynne Madden by August 18 to confirm the (1) Building you plan to enter for the TOBY Award and (2) Category the building will enter.
Please read through the following documents if you are interested in applying or will apply for a local TOBY award:
- 2024 TOBY Application Process & Guidelines for instructions on applying, using the online portal and all important deadlines.
- TOBY FAQs and Best Practices featuring advice from seasoned TOBY judges and previous winners. This is a must read and full of excellent advice!
- The 2024 TOBY Entry Requirements for the category in which you will apply. Within these entry requirements, you will find all application information including word count, written sections, attachments and the required criteria that your building must meet.
- 2024 Entry Requirements for All Office (Includes: Square Feet Categories, Life Science Building, Historical Building, Corporate Facility, Medical Building & Suburban Office)
- 2024 Earth Entry Requirements
- 2024 Renovated Entry Requirements
- 2024 Mixed Use Entry Requirements
- 2024 Retail Entry Requirements
- 2024 Industrial Entry Requirements
How can our team prepare for the TOBY inspection and when will inspections be held?
Inspections will be held in-person at your building between October 9 and November 10. You will be assigned your inspection date in early October. Once you begin the application process, we will communicate more detailed information about the inspections.
What are the TOBY fees and how do I officially register my building for the 2024 season?
To enter the local TOBY awards competition, you must first pay the $300 entry fee directly to BOMA/Chicago. To pay this fee (via credit card or invoice), please click here. You must pay the $300 fee to BOMA/Chicago before you submit your application.
How can I learn more about the TOBY program and what is involved?
Please read through the 2024 TOBY Application Process and the TOBY Best Practices/FAQ documents. You can also watch our May 2023 TOBY Prep Webinar here (Password: TOBY09!c5).
If you have any TOBY questions, please contact Jaclynne Madden by calling 312-870-9608 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.