2024 Scholarship for the Foundations of Real Estate Management Course
Wednesday, December 6, 2023
New Scholarship Opportunity for CRE 101 Foundations of Real Estate Management Class!
The BOMA/Chicago Foundation is excited to announce a brand new scholarship opportunity that will cover the $950 tuition for the Foundations of Real Estate Management class.
Please review the below scholarship criteria to determine if you are eligible. The scholarship application deadline is December 6, 2023.
Click here to download the scholarship application.
What is the Foundations of Real Estate Management class?
Foundations of Real Estate Management is a Commercial Real Estate (CRE) 101 class designed for those who are interested in learning more about the industry and a career in property management. The class is held on six nights over three weeks, totaling 18 hours of instruction. Class includes guided tours of prominent downtown Chicago buildings. Class topics include the essentials of commercial real estate administration, management, building systems, accounting and reporting, contract management, and more. In 2024, the Foundations class will be held on January 16, 18, 23, 25, 30 and February 1 from 3PM to 6PM at downtown Chicago office buildings.
What is the eligibility criteria for the Foundations of Real Estate Management Scholarship?
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- This scholarship opportunity is for individuals working for* a Chicago office building in a capacity other than property management who are interested in transitioning to a property management career. The ideal applicant is one who has or is developing an understanding of important aspects of building operations (for example: security guards, janitorial staff, and building engineers). Applicants must have worked in a commercial office building for at least six months. *For purposes of this scholarship, working “for” a Chicago office building includes employees of building contractors.
- This needs-based scholarship is only available to individuals whose employers do not cover the cost of the Foundations class.
- At a minimum, applicants must be enrolled in an associate degree program.
- All parts of the application must be submitted by December 6 at 6PM Central.
- Please contact Jaclynne Madden at email@example.com if you have questions about your eligibility.