RPA/FMA Course: Environmental Health and Safety Issues
Monday, May 8, 2023 4:00 PM - Tuesday, May 16, 2023 7:00 PM (CDT)
Environmental Health and Safety Issues
Required RPA Course
May 8, 9, 10, 11, 15 & 16 from 4PM to 7PM CST
Instructed by Nasser Dollah, International Union of Operating Engineers (IUOE)
Hybrid Class (In-Person and Virtually)
$1,290 Members | $1,515 Non-Members
Ensuring workplace and employee health and safety are issues at the center stage of today's property management industry. Environmental Health and Safety Issues will teach students how to develop and manage proactive environmental/occupational health and safety programs, comply with regulatory standards and guidelines and assess when to obtain technical assistance. Topics will include local, state, and federal regulations, environmental site assessments, hazard communication, emergency response, asbestos and lead management, ergonomics, indoor air quality, hazardous waste, ADA, EPA, OSHA and more.
By taking this course, students will learn how to:
- Develop and manage an effective environmental health and safety program, integrating sustainable best practices wherever appropriate.
- Ensure that your facilities are in compliance with Federal, state and local regulatory mandates.
- Assess environmental risk factors and prepare for compliance audits.
- Address emergency environmental health situations through proper planning and incident response.
- Maintain health and safety records in accordance with industry best practices.
- Manage indoor environmental quality complaints related to air, water, mold, radon, asbestos and other environmental hazards.
- Execute appropriate record keeping, reporting and other requirements associated with aboveground and underground storage tank regulations.
- Design and implement a waste management program, including recycling and disposal of all forms of waste including landfills waste, hazardous waste, universal, electronic and tenant-generated waste.
2023 Education Partners
Designation Enrollment: $225
115 S. LaSalle St. 8th Fl, Rm 806
Class will be held on the following dates: May 8, 9, 10, 11, 15 and 16
Instructor: Nasser Dollah, IUOE Local 399
In This Section
Set the stage for your own successful business development strategy as a BOMA/Chicago sponsor. Offering a variety of social and networking events each year, BOMA/Chicago gatherings truly embody one of our greatest strengths: the strong sense of community and collaboration between our Building and Affiliate Members. Learn more by downloading our 2022 BOMA/Chicago Sponsorship Prospectus.